Food For Families this year is thanks to you. You are part of a team across Victoria and Tasmania who are making a real difference to people in need.
There are many ways you can help us make a difference.
Make your collection count
- Get people involved, pull together a quick committee or group to brain storm ideas
- Challenge people to give more. Do something a little different every day
- Share the message – many people don’t realise how desperately food is needed within their community. #FoodForFamilies
- Make sure everyone’s got the Shopping List and knows what to donate – email it, share a pic on Facebook, print leaflets for reception, put it on the noticeboard
- Put your boxes and posters somewhere prominent – by the lifts, in reception, in the kitchen
- Make it easy on yourself – Use the resources we’ve created
- Share your success stories with us and the community using #FoodForFamilies
Spread the word
- Use your social networks, speak to family, friends and work mates to get involved
- Print out some posters and display them at your work, school or office. You can find these on our helpful resources page
- Share our shopping list so people know what to donate
- Share our Facebook and Instagram messages so we can unite and make this the most successful campaign yet.
- Ask people to bring packaged food to your party instead of gifts, wine or party food
- Hold a street party – get to know your neighbors; one box per household? Bring a ‘green bag’ each?
- Hold an event (e.g. bowling, trivia, games etc night) and everyone donates $10, then go shopping or gather together and shop online
- Hold challenges, set a goal or create competitions
- Create a reverse advent calendar - instead of receiving a treat each day, add an item to a box to create a hamper for a family doing it tough
What can you do now to make sure people in need don't go without at this difficult time.
- Shop online – try IGA, Coles or Woolworths online, or your other favourite shopping channel
- Buy a supermarket gift card for Uniting’s Emergency Relief so we can purchase the most needed food and essential household items for people in need on your behalf
- Consider becoming a regular by giving a monthly gift. $30 a month – just $1 a day – allows us to provide a shopping bag of groceries to families in crisis. Donate now.
Food For Families. Thanks to you.
Thanks to Eileen
Eileen and her family have been collecting Food For Families for five years now. Finding time to help others isn’t always easy with three children, but Eileen has found Food For Families to be a simple and effective way to give.
Thanks to Jess
Food For Families is a great way to bring family and friends together at Christmas. For the past three years, Jess has called on her nearest and dearest to help collect food and toiletries for families in need during the festive season.
Thanks to Mount View Primary School
Mount View Primary School have been part of Food For Families for an amazing 23 years. Each year the children get excited about donating, thinking carefully about what they will bring in. Last year they collected more boxes than any other school in Victoria.